Aéroport de Paris-Orly
Address: Orly Sud 103, F-94390 Orly Aérogare Cedex, France
Tel: +33 (0) 1 70363950
Fax: +33 (0) 1 49757942
Owner: Aéroports de Paris
IATA code: ORY
ICAO code: LFPO
ORY Arrivals today
Learn about Paris Orly arrivals
It is time for you to know a little about the Paris Orly airport or known by its citizens as “Orly.” This is an airport worthy of admiration for its immense size and number of available Paris Orly arrivals. You can know how the airport facilities work, locate it and how useful it is for you to take international destinations. Most flights are operated by carriers Ryanair, Wizzair, Iberia, and Air France. There are daily planes to and from the Italian city. Many top routes are to other cities in Italy but Spain, France, Germany, and the UK also offer many options. There is 1 terminal and also 1 runway. Since the 1980’s, there has been an enormous growth in passenger numbers from less than a million to almost 10 million passengers per year.
Top routes from ORY
Paris Orly Airport history
Since its inception, the airport adopted the name “Villeneuve-Orly” and began its operations south of Paris in its suburbs. The first Paris Orly airport arrivals where since 1932 and was a second airport option for the “Le Bourget” airport.
Orly airport had its participation in the Second World War, serving as a field to store combat aircraft. This airport concealed the planes of the German Luftwaffe and therefore was the focus of the allied fighters. During the war, the airport suffered several attacks by the USAAF and Royal Air Force which almost destroyed its structure.
When the war ended, Orly Airport had its repair time by engineers who made up the USAF. In later years the airport had other repairs and improvements in general to optimize its operation and started ORY arrivals again.
Paris Orly Arrivals
When you arrive at Orly airport from other areas of Europe or more exclusive destinations, you will have several options in transportation.
You can choose between ground transportation, cars or public transportation if you prefer to save money. If you choose the train as a means of transport you can have ORY airport arrivals from the following stations:
- You can go to the Antony train station that offers a free service to Orlyval
- You can take the T7 tram that connects you from Orly Villejuif to Louis Aragon
For the next few years, you can take line # 14 of the Paris metro with Orly arrivals from 2024 when it opens. This airport has several proposals to implement new railways so that passengers can move more comfortably.
You can also have Orly airport arrivals by buses from the the center or around on lines such as:
- RATP buses that go from Porte de Choisy and Denfert – Rochereau
- Albatrans buses that go from Saint-Quentin station in Yvelines
- Athis Cars buses that go from the Villeneuve Saint Georges gare and the International Marché in Rungis
- VEA buses that go directly from Disneyland in Paris
- Noctilien night buses that go from Place du Chatelet, Paris Gare or Gare de Paris Est.
As a last option, you can opt for rental cars after Orly flight arrivals. These cars are affordable; you can contact the agencies at the airport in the terminal or even before reaching your destination.
Paris Orly Airport Terminal
There are four terminals at the airport for ORY flight arrivals. Terminals 1 and 2 are on the west side and serve gates A, B and C. Level 0 is the Paris Orly arrivals hall with baggage carousels. Level 1 is where the planes connect with the terminal. Terminal 3 is connected to Terminal 1/2 and Terminal 4 and is located northwest. You will arrive here at gates D. There is also a connection to gates E and F, but these will largely be in service for terminal 4. Also for terminals 3 and 4, the classification applies to Level 0 (arrivals hall) and Level 1 (departures hall).
Location of Paris Orly Airport
This airport covers more than 15 square kilometers of land, with several runways available for its domestic Paris Orly airport arrivals. Orly spans the department of Essonne and Val-de-Marne between its West and South terminals shared between departments. You can reach Orly airport by driving 13 km south of the center of Paris.
Paris Orly airport is made up of several runways that are distributed in 4 terminals for it’s Orly flight arrivals. These terminals are practically new; the most recent terminals 1, 2, and 3 were inaugurated for the year 2019. Within the airport you can have flights by these airlines:
- Air Caraibes
- Air Algérie
- Air Europe
- Air Corsica
- Corsair International
- Air Malta
- Air France
- Chalair Aviation
- French Bee
- La Compagnie
- Pegasus Airlines
- Wizz Air
- Twin Jet
- Royal Air Maroc
- TAP Air Portugal
- TUI Fly Belgium
From this airport, in Paris, you can take some national and international ORY airport arrivals from:
- Santo Domingo Airport Las Americas
- Fort de France – Martinique Aime Cesaire International Airport
- Palma de Mallorca
- Milan (Bergamo, Linate and Malpensa)
- Warsaw Chopin
The last decade the airport grew from 26 to 33 million passengers annually. With a small dip in 2019, an even bigger dip in 2020 came from corona. Many routes are still canceled in 2021, so the ORY flight arrivals are not on the old level yet.
Paris Orly Airport ground transportation
The airport contains 4 different terminals. To travel between these terminals you can use the free shuttle service that goes between the terminals, parking locations and hotel area.
There are three different ways to travel from Paris-Orly airport by public transport.
- The first we cover is the Tram. This is also referred to as Tramway T7. This leaves for Athis-Mons or towards the center to the destination Villejuif. From Villejuif you can continue your journey by metro. This ride takes about 30 minutes and costs 1.90 euros.
- The second is the bus. You can take the Orlybus to Denfert-Rochereau in Paris. You can also travel further from here by train, bus or metro. This journey also takes 30 minutes but costs a lot more at 9.50 euros.
- The third option is by train. You first travel by OrlyVal bus to Antony train station. From that station you can continue your journey to the train stations of Denfert-Rochereau, Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame, and Gare du Nord.
After Paris Orly airport arrivals you can also travel further by taxi. There are official taxis waiting outside the terminals as you exit the Paris Orly arrivals hall. The exact locations are gate 14a at Terminal 1-2, gate 32a at terminal 3 and at gate 48a for terminal 4. Official taxis can be recognized by the luminous taxi sign on the roof. Travel to the city center for 35 euros. Other destinations such as Disneyland or Charles de Gaulle airport cost about 80-90 euros.