Aéroport de Bordeaux-Mérignac
Address: Bordeaux Airport, Cidex 40, 33700 Mérignac, France
Tel: +33 (0) 5 56345050
Fax: +33 (0) 5 56342301
Owner: Société Aéroport de Bordeaux Mérignac, Public Limited Company
IATA code: BOD
ICAO code: LFBD
BOD Arrivals today
Discover Bordeaux Merignac airport arrivals
If you plan to travel to the French city of Bordeaux, you will have to have Bordeaux arrivals at Mérignac airport. This airport area is the most important in the region for you to know in-depth and give it a priority. You can learn about the airport’s history, how good its facilities are and the transportation available.
Top routes from BOD
- CDG – Paris
- LYS – Lyon
- AMS – Amsterdam
- MAD – Madrid
- AJA – Ajaccio
- MRS – Marseille
- LIL – Lille
- GVA – Geneva
- GVA – Geneva
- BES – Brest
- LGW – London
- NCE – Nice
Bordeaux Mérignac airport has been operating since 1917 for Merignac airport arrivals as a civil-military airport zone. For a long time, the airport was the base of operations for Air France but was later replaced.
For World War II, the airport served as a control base for German troops. In 1951, Mérignac airport became the air operations base for the United States forces to have Bordeaux flight arrivals. In later years the airport got rid of all these conflicts and focused on improving its operations for domestic flights.
Location for Bordeaux Merignac arrivals
You can find the Bordeaux-Mérignac airport in the French city of Mérignac, Aquitaine region. This airport is located 10 kilometers west of Bordeaux, which is the prefecture of the Gironde department.
Ground transportation Bordeaux airport
The airport is located just outside the ring of the A630 and the E5 west of the city center. Take exit 11 to get to the airport almost directly.
You can have BOD airport arrivals using the traditional means of transport such as:
- You can take a bus from the JetBus company that will take you to the Saint-Jean station on the edge of Bordeaux.
- If you rent a car after your Bordeaux Merignac flight arrivals, you can take A630/E5 from Rocade, which will take you to the city center in a few minutes. It is also an ideal way to explore the area including the coastline at La Rochelle to the south such as Biarritz. There are some well-known rental car companies like Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz but also Goldcar, and Loca Malin.
- If you want to take an urban route from the airport, you can focus on bus number 1 from TBC after Bordeaux airport arrivals.
With the 30’Direct bus shuttle you can travel to the train station Saint-Jean in 30 minutes. This can be your final station, but you can also continue your journey to Bergerac. The total time will be approximately 2 hours. It will be half an hour faster by car.
For the near future, at the airport, a tram station will be inaugurated that will take you to Bordeaux with ease.
There is a drop-off area just in front of the terminal where you can park for only a few minutes. If you stay longer you will have to pay with a credit card.
- P Express Parking: this is the red area. You can park here for free for 10 minutes. This is ideal if you are dropping off or picking up someone you know the passengers will be ready to board.
- P0 Comfort: one of the closest parking locations. There is a partially covered parking. This is for passengers who don’t want to park their car for long or simply want to be the closest despite the higher price.
- P1 Proxi: it is a few minutes walk near the car rental area. The price is from 21 euros.
- P2 Flexi: the orange part behind P1 and walk just a little further but also slightly cheaper.
- P4 Long stay: this is the cheapest option to park the car. This location is recommended for a longer stay by car.
There are often deals if you book a parking space online. There are regular offers with rates for the whole weekend or a whole week.
At Bordeaux airport, you will have two runways for BOD arrivals that can be differentiated by:
- Runway 11/29: it is 2,415 meters long and has an asphalt surface.
- Runway 05/23: it is 3,100 meters long and has an asphalt surface to process all Bordeaux Merignac airport arrivals.
Bordeaux airport terminal
The airport has a stunning terminal that you can admire and tour in its three modules. This terminal has 30 boarding gates for Bordeaux arrivals, more than 20 commercial premises, and open areas for passengers. You can also enjoy good security at the airport facilities as well as incredible public attention.
The Bordeaux airport terminal has made history in the French region by accommodating more than 300,000 passengers in 2006. For now, the terminal is in expansion plans to provide a better service and increase the Merignac airport arrivals. In 2019 there were almost 8 million passengers but there have been a big decrease of arrivals in 2020 and 2021.
There are a few shops in the terminal, mainly Hall A. These are Aelia, Baillardran, PArfumerie and Relay. This is also the case for the catering. There are several cafes to eat and drink.
Airlines who offer Bordeaux flight arrivals
In this beautiful airport you will have several airlines available in which it stands out:
- Aer Lingus
- Atlas Blue
- British Airways
- Vueling Airlines
- Air Nostrum
- Royal Air Maroc
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Air France
Each of these airlines stands out for being fluid in their Bordeaux Merignac arrivals so that you take them at the right time. You will not suffer from flight delays, mechanical failures, or other impediments if you fly from Bordeaux airport.
These airlines can also offer layover BOD airport arrivals for you to take from any continent. You have to contact the airline provider to reverse the flight whenever you want.
Destinations from Bordeaux Merignac airport
To choose the correct airline, you must first take a destination from Bordeaux airport in France. Among the most important Bordeaux Merignac flight arrivals that you will have from the airport area are:
- Venice, Lanzarote, Strasbourg, Vienna, Palermo, etc.
- Tunisia: Tunis
- Norway: Oslo
- Canada: Quebec and Montreal
- England: Heathrow, Luton, and Manchester Airport Arrivals
- Ireland: Dublin
- France: Paris, and Saint-Denis
- Spain: Palma de Mallorca
There is no hotel located on the Bordeaux Airport site. The nearest are a 15 min/1 km walk. There are several options:
- Hotel Mercure Bordeaux Aeroport
- Ibis budget Bordeaux Aeroport
- Brit Hotel Bordeaux Aéroport – Le Soretel