HEL departures today
Address: 01531 Vantaa, Finland
Height: 55 m
Junction for: Finnair, Nordic Regional Airlines
Phone: +358 20 708 000
Fax: +358 20 708 3296
IATA code: HEL
ICAO code: EFHK
Get To Know Helsinki Vantaa international airport departures
If you want to land in Helsinki from the busiest airport in the country, it is recommended that you get to know its facilities. Helsinki Airport is considered one of the most modern and important air terminals in all of Europe when you have Helsinki departures. It has a wide variety of services and private areas that will make your tour an incredible experience.
This air terminal was built in 1952 for the Olympic Games to have its first Helsinki flight departures. Since then has a wide repertoire of domestic and international flights, currently operating an average of 350 daily Helsinki Vantaa airport departures to the most sought-after international destinations. In 2014 it introduced the world’s first passenger tracking system for monitoring crowd congestion.
Helsinki Airport is the busiest airbase in Finland and even has increasing HEL airport departures every year. Approximately 90% of Finland’s international passengers pass through this airport, and it is even the busiest of the Nordic countries. Among its most important records is the large volume of passengers that traveled in 2019.
Location for Helsinki Vantaa flight departures
The airport is located in the neighboring city of Vantaa, just about 5 kilometers or miles west of Tikkurila. To get to the facilities, you can take several means by land located north of the Helsinki city center.
Among the most important means of transport in the city are the following options:
- Helsinki Vantaa departures by train: You can take the train station in the airport corridor right between the terminals. From this point, they depart for the center of Helsinki with a short 30-minute journey.
- Helsinki airport departures by bus: Bus line 615 runs between the airport and Helsinki train station. Includes stop in front of both terminals and other destinations such as Virkamies or Haapaniemi with a 45-minute journey.
- HEL departures by cab: In the Arrivals Hall of both terminals, you can find taxi lines associated with the airport. The journey to the center of Helsinki is approximately 30 minutes.
The airport facilities have three runways capable of supporting modern aircraft Helsinki departures or landings. The use of the three asphalt-surfaced runways makes it easier to keep two runways operational with Helsinki flight departures in winter seasons. You can identify them by the characteristics shown below:
- Runway 04R / 22L is 3,500 meters long.
- Runway 04L / 22R measures 3,060 meters long.
- Runway 15/33 measures: 2,901 meters long.
The airport facilities are divided into two terminals to have Helsinki Vantaa airport departures that are linked by an internal pedestrian connection. This fact is favorable for passengers who wish to move from one terminal to another without taking transport.
Domestic and international HEL airport departures are located at gates 11 to 31 of Terminal 1. Flights from European Schengen countries operate from these gates. Each area of this terminal is divided between intra-Schengen and non-Schengen flights.
An expansion is planned with 60 gates in terminal 1 and 41 in the second terminal to increase the Helsinki Vantaa flight departures. Among the advances of these facilities are the signage in multiple languages. There is also a greater variety of shops distributed throughout the area.
Terminal 2 includes a wide variety of shops and services available throughout the Helsinki Vantaa departures area. It has a wide repertoire of counters along with wi-fi, and there are even several food fairs. Among the special areas are playrooms for children and other services related to ATMs and tourist information.
Airlines with Helsinki airport departures
Within the facilities, you can find counters to contact any of the following airlines:
• Jet Time
• Nordic Regional Airlines
• Norwegian Air Shuttle
• SunClass Airlines
• TUI fly Nordic
• Aegean Airlines
• Air France
• Air Mediterranean
Among the most popular destinations with HEL departures you can take the following flights:
- Paris, Riga, Bucharest, Alicante, Amsterdam, Bangkok, Barcelona, Bergen, Berlin, Billund, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Delhi, Dublin, Düsseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Gazipasa, Gdańsk, Geneva, Gothenburg, Gran Canaria, Hamburg, Hannover, Kittilä, Krakow, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Malaga, Manchester, Munich and more.