HEL arrivals today
Address: Lentoasemantie 1, 01531 Vantaa, Finland
IATA Airport Code: HEL
ICAO Airport Code: EFHK
Alias: Helsinki Vantaa Airport
Find out Helsinki Vantaa international airport arrivals
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport was opened on July 10, 1952, for the first Helsinki arrivals. It is considered the most important in all of Finland. It is one of the most Nordic countries’ busiest; it operates with domestic and international Helsinki Vantaa airport arrivals from all continents. This main international airport of Helsinki is located in the metropolitan area and its surroundings, also next to the Uusimaa region.
This airport is very busy in Finland (20 times more passenger traffic than Oulu), and its international air traffic is 90% more busy. It handled 21.8 million passengers in 2019, where 18.9 million were only international passengers and 2.9 million domestic passengers with Helsinki flight arrivals. On average, this major Helsinki airport handles around 350 Helsinki Vantaa flight arrivals per day.
It was originally built for the 1952 Summer Olympics in this city. Today this airport employs 25,000 people, and 1,500 people are operating the airport.
Location for HEL airport arrivals
The airport is located in Helsinki, Vantaa, about 3 miles (5 kilometers) west of Tikkurila. It is about 9.2 NM (10.6 miles / 17.0 km) north of the Vantaa administrative center. This airport is operated by the state company Finavia.
Passengers have different means of transport that go to and from Helsinki airport:
- Helsinki Vantaa arrivals by rail service: At this airport, the train station is located in the arrivals hall between terminals 1 and 2. The travel time between the airport and the central station is about 30 minutes.
- Helsinki airport arrivals by taxis: Taxi ranks are located just outside terminals 1 and 2. Travel times to Helsinki city center are around 30 minutes, and the price is 50 euros.
- HEL arrivals by buses: Regular bus service is available, operating from the airport to Helsinki City Central Train Station. They provide their services 24 hours a day and, most of the time, every half hour.
- Helsinki arrivals by car rental: Passengers can rent the cars that are operational at Helsinki airport. These are active all the hours and make transfers throughout the city from the airport.
This airport has three runways to process Helsinki Vantaa airport arrivals that are currently operational (its surface is asphalt):
- 04R / 22L: The length of this runway is 11,483 feet (3,500 meters)
- 04L / 22R: Measures approximately 10,039 feet (3,060 meters)
- 15/33: It is about 9,518 feet (2,901 meters) long
The airport is nominally divided into two terminals with Helsinki flight arrivals located about 250 meters (820 feet) apart. These terminals are connected only by a pedestrian corridor and are suitable to handle 17 million passengers annually.
- Terminal 1: It is for domestic and Schengen Helsinki Vantaa flight arrivals (it was the first to be opened in the airport’s history)
- Terminal 2: Operates only for international and non-Schengen flights (opened in 1969)
Airlines with Helsinki Vantaa arrivals
Helsinki airport offers a wide variety of airlines with which all passengers can fly anywhere in the world. Among the main ones are:
- Air France, Air Mediterráneo, Belavia, Aegean Airlines, Aeroflot, Poppy Flight, Animawings, Blue Air, Ryanair, Tibet Airlines, etc. There are currently an estimated 50 airlines operating at the airport with HEL airport arrivals.
Helsinki airport offers all its passengers nonstop Helsinki airport arrivals from more than 160 destinations in more than 50 countries worldwide. These include 100 cities in Europe and the Middle East, 8 in North America, and more than 20 in Asia. The main destinations are: