Sharm El Sheikh International Airport
Address: Qesm Sharm Ash Sheikh, South Sinai Governorate, Egypt
Phone: +20 69 360 1140
Owner: Civil Government
IATA code: SSH
ICAO code: HESH
SSH Arrivals today
Check out Sharm El Sheikh International airport arrivals
It is time for you to get to know one of the three most important airports in Egypt so that you can visit it on your next departures. You may be interested in the city for sightseeing with your family and have flight arrivals Sharm El Sheikh. To reach this area, you will have to land at the in the heart of the Sinai Peninsula.
Before you start your tour of the airport and all the beautiful city surrounding it, you should know some tips on how to get there. Find out which flights you will have available from the airport zone to other areas of Egypt or abroad. You should also know what news your terminal can bring you so that you can admire it during your visit.
Busiest flight routes
- Milan Malpensa
- Istanbul Sabiha
- Rome Fiumicino
- London Gatwick
- Brussels Zaventem
Sharm El Sheikh International Airport or formerly known as “Ophira Airport,” opened in 1968 for its first Sharm El Sheikh flight arrivals. This airport served the Israeli air force with Sharm El Sheikh arrivals, but in 1979 it became an airbase for the public only. The airport serves as the focus for Air El Cairo airline, which has been in business for more than a decade.
This airport has a passenger throughput that exceeds 8 million, so its terminal is quite large to process the Sharm El Sheikh arrivals. In 2008 the airport was remodeled to increase its international flights and the number of passengers.
Location for SSH airport arrivals
The airport is located in Sharm El Sheikh who is located on the southern Sinai peninsula in Egypt. This airport ranks third among the busiest before Cairo Airport and Hurghada Airport.
Sharm El Sheikh Airport Transportartion
When you land at HESH airport, you may find yourself with very lucrative means of transportation such as:
- You can take a jeep taxi just outside the airport after the Sharm El Sheikh airport arrivals hall to go to the city or other areas. As Egypt is huge, these tours of the airport’s outskirts may take you more than an hour.
- You can also request a car rental before SSH arrivals in the country to have it insured outside the airport. You can take any of the routes that will connect you with the city of Sharm El Sheikh from the airport.
At this airport, you will find two similar runways for Sharm El Sheikh flight arrivals that are 10,108 feet long. The runways are addressed 04L / 22R and 04R / 22L.
Terminals Sharm El Sheikh Airport
The airport is located in a very open area that was used to install its terminal that is divided into three sections:
- Terminal 1: It was inaugurated in 2007 for Sharm El Sheikh arrivals. It can accommodate more than 5 million passengers per year, and consists of two levels. You will find 40 check-in counters, several international airlines, and some national ones in this terminal.
- Terminal 2: It is the airport’s original terminal, but it was inaugurated in 2007 and the construction of terminal 1. In this area, you will find most of the domestic SSH airport arrivals next to its boarding gates.
- Terminal 3: It was built in 2008, it can accommodate 10 million passengers, and it is expected that by 2025 the number of Sharm El Sheikh airport arrivals will increase. This terminal serves many commercial flights by Air El Cairo’s base airline.
Airlines with SSH arrivals
You do not have to miss the number of flights you will have at Sharm El Sheikh airport by airlines such as:
- EgyptAir, Pegasus Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Neos, Air Cairo, Wizz Air, Easyjet, Enter Air, TUI Airways, Pobeda, among others.
Destinations with Sharm El Sheikh flight arrivals
You can enjoy the following destinations if you take Sharm El Sheikh airport as your boarding point: