Cairo International Airport
Address: Oruba ، Road ، El Nozha, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
IATA airport code: CAI
Altitude: 116 m
Telephone: +20 2 22655000
ICAO code: HECA
Alias: Cairo Airport and مطار القاهرة الدولي (Arabic)
CAI Departures today
Learn about Cairo International airport departures
One of the most sought-after destinations for adventurous tourists is usually the city of Cairo in Egypt. This destination has attracted the attention of thousands of tourists for the landscapes worthy of capturing in its collection of photographs. If you plan to visit this wonderful country and get to know the capital city, you must land at the Cairo airport. It is the busiest base in Egypt and the second busiest in Africa in terms of Cairo flight departures.
Top routes from CAI
- JED – Jeddah
- RUH – Ryjadh
- ASW – Aswan
- SSH – Sharm El Sheikh
- LXR – Luxor
- AMM – Amman
- KWI – Kuwait City
- DXB – Dubai
- HRG – Hurghada
- DMM – Dammam
- KRT – Khartoum
- IST – Istanbul
- MED – Medina
As a curious fact, the airport was built in the middle of World War II to be converted into an American airbase for CAI airport departures. It was restored to incorporate a flight base with national and international Cairo departures at the end of the war. As a result, it replaced the only airport that was operational at that time.
The latest renovations were carried out from 2004 to provide the greatest comfort to its passengers when they have Cairo airport departures. This measure was taken as a resolution to the 14 million people who needed to move. Currently, it is the best alternative to visit the tourist destinations of Cairo and other European Cities.
Location for CAI departures
Cairo International Airport is located north of the outskirts of Egypt’s capital city. To get to the facilities in this aerial zone, you must travel 15 kilometers from the city center.
Ground transport at Cairo Airport
On the outskirts of the airport, you will find a wide repertoire of means of transport that can help you explore Egypt:
- Bus: When heading to the airport’s outskirts, you can take the buses from Tahrir Square and Abbasia to be on time for your Cairo flight departures. These are the most popular resorts for shopping for souvenirs or food. For your convenience, you can have maps and information in English.
- Limousines: If you prefer to travel in style, you can make sure you get a different experience by taking your limousine outside the airport. You have to hire an agency in advance so that you can call your driver as soon as you land and have CAI airport departures.
- Shared trips: When it comes to budget, shared transportation is probably the best alternative to save. In this case, you can take a taxi to pay only for your position to get to the capital.
- Cab: To get to any Egyptian destination, you can take Cairo departures by taxi for completely affordable prices. The government promotes this type of transport to guarantee the safety of tourists.
It has three runways for Cairo airport departures to serve the large volume of passengers who move daily. To identify the clues, you should take into account the following directions:
- The first runway is designated as Runway 05L / 23R and is 10,830 feet long.
- The second Runway 05 C / 23C is 13,120 feet long for CAI departures,
- While the third Runway 05R / 23L is 13,123 feet long.
Terminals at Cairo Airport
The airbase facilities are divided into five areas that include the following terminals:
- In Terminal 1, there are the check-in or baggage counters and other services associated with foreign airlines with Cairo flight departures. You can also find the boarding lounges where you can enter the domestic flight lounge.
- Terminal 2 is renowned for its CAI airport departures to international flights and even has several boarding gates.
- In terminal three, you can have different gates that lead to boarding along with food areas or access to the establishment. Terminal 3 is one of the most recent and even has the best areas of the airport, including 23 boarding gates for Cairo departures. In this terminal, you can find food establishments along with the exit to the parking lot.
Among the most prominent airlines that can help you travel around by having Cairo airport departures to domestic or international destinations are:
- Air Canada
- Turkish Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Arabia
- Kuwait Airways
- Austrian Airlines
- Royal Jordanian
Cairo Airport destinations
In the category of the most important national and international CAI departures within the airport are:
- Amsterdam Schiphol AMS
- Athens ATH
- Abu Dhabi AUH
- Domodedovo Moscow
- Milan Malpensa
- Rome Fiumicino
- Beirut BEY
- Madrid Barajas
- Washington IAD
- London Heathrow Airport
This airport is open 24 hours a day with national and international Cairo flight departures. Its infrastructures are large enough to provide comfort to the large volume of passengers passing through. The facilities have luggage services and even offer several information desks with translators.
Among the services you can find, the places for the disabled stand out along with a parking space. For your peace of mind, there are several hotels near the airport and of course Wi-fi access for people with Cairo departures.