Cairo International Airport/مطار القاهرة الدولي
Oruba ، Road ، El Nozha, 11776 Cairo, Egypt
Tel: +20 (0) 2 2655000, 2653413
Fax: +20 (0) 2 6332522
Owner: Cairo Airport Company
IATA code: CAI
ICAO code: HECA
CAI Arrivals today
Learn About Cairo International airport arrivals
Perhaps one of the most sought-after destinations in recent years has to be Egypt for its culture, beautiful view and history that you can admire. If you want to know this beautiful country and travel to a large part of Cairo, you must have Cairo flight arrivals. This airbase has been in operation for many years; it is the busiest in Egypt and the second most used in Africa in terms of passengers and arrivals.
Busiest flight routes
- Jeddah King Abdulaziz
- Riyadh King Khalid
- Sharm El Sheikh
- Amman Queen Alia
- Dubai Airport
- Medina Prince Mohammad bin Abdulaziz
About some history
During the Second World War, the airport was built to lend its facilities to the United States Air Force to have CAI airport arrivals. After the end of the war, Cairo airport was expanded to be a base for national and international Cairo arrivals. This airport replaced the Heliópolis airport, which was very close to Cairo.
You can prioritize Cairo airport for its HUB flights with airlines such as Nile Air and EgyptAir who offer most Cairo airport arrivals. This airport was remodeled in 2004 to expand its facilities and accommodate more than 14 million passengers per year.
Location for CAI arrivals
The HECA is located in the suburbs of Heliopolis just outside the capital city of Cairo in Egypt. You have to travel more than 9 miles from Cairo to reach the air zone facilities.
Cairo Airport Transportation
As a tourist who wants to know Cairo in-depth, you can take several means of land transport outside the airport:
- Bus: You can take a bus outside the airport afterr you come out of the Cairo flight arrivals hall to take you to Tahrir Square and Abbasia, the most popular shopping center. These buses have a lot of information in English in case you are not fluent in the national language in Egypt.
- Limousines: You can travel in style from Cairo airport by hiring a limousine to meet you outside. You can land, call the driver and ask to get you to any area of Egypt.
- Shared trips: If you want to save money on transportation after your CAI airport arrivals to use it in other attractions in Egypt, you can use shared transportation. You can take taxis in which you pay for your position to get you to the capital city.
- Cab: You can also pay for a taxi to go to any area of Egypt at a low cost. All taxis outside the airport are certified by the government so you can travel safely when having Cairo arrivals.
In this busy air terminal, you can see that three trained runways for Cairo airport arrivals are distinguished by:
- Runway 05L / 23R measuring 10,830 feet long.
- Runway 05C / 23C measuring 13,120 feet long.
- Runway 05R / 23L measuring 13,123 feet long.
The tracks have an asphalt surface.
Cairo Airport Terminals
You may notice that the Cairo air terminal is divided into five sections where you will find:
- Terminal 1, where you will have foreign airlines such as KLM and Air France available for CAI arrivals. In this terminal, you can have several boarding rooms, check-in counters, among other things. Inside this terminal, you will also have access to Hall 4 for domestic Cairo flight arrivals.
- Terminal 2 has several gates and stands out for offering many international flights.
- Terminal 3 is recently built; it has 23 gates, a food court, access to the parking lot, etc.
- The terminal for station flights is tiny and supports the traffic for EgyptAir, which is the hub airline with many CAI airport arrivals.
Airlines with Cairo arrivals
You can fly with a good number of airlines from Cairo airport; among the most prominent are:
- Air Arabia
- Air Cairo
- Austrian Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
- Royal Jordanian
- Nile Air
- Turkish Airlines etc.
You can take the most popular national and international Cairo airport arrivals within the Cairo airport such as: