Split International Airport
Address: Cesta Dr. Franje Tudmana 1270, 21217 Kastel Štafilić, Croatia
Phone: +385 (0)21 203555
Fax: +385 (0)21 203413
Owner: Split Airport Ltd.
IATA code: SPU
ICAO Code: LDSP
SPU departures today
Get to know Split international airport departures
Croatia never ceases to amaze you; on the one hand, you have the receptivity of the citizens and, on the other, the beauty of its eastern coast. If you want to take a tour of the coasts of Croatia, you may need to organize a flight to Split airport. This airbase is located a few miles from the tourist area to stay with the best hotels and have safe Split departures again.
Top routes from SPU
Domestic flights are offered all year round by two different airlines. The route to the capital Zagreb is with Croatia Airlines and the other destinations on the coast with Trade Air. The frequency of the number of flights always increases in the summer.
- FRA – Frankfurt, MUC – Munich, CGN – Cologne, STR – Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, and Berlin
- FCO – Rome, MXP – Milan
- AMS – Amsterdam, RTT – Rotterdam/The Hague
- ORY – Paris Orly, CDG – Paris–Charles de Gaulle, Bordeaux, Marseille, and Lyon
- MAN – Manchester, London–Heathrow, Birmingham, Edinburgh, and Leeds/Bradford
- CPH – Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki
- Gdańsk, Katowice, Kraków, Warsaw–Chopin, and Wrocław
You can fly to some of these destinations throughout the year such as Frankfurt, Rome, Munich, Amsterdam, and a few more. However, many can only be booked in and around the summer season. In addition to the local airlines in Croatia, many others will also offer the above flights. Some of these include Jet2, Condor, Eurowings, LOT, Norwegian Air, Smartwings, Scandinavian Airlines, Transavia, TUI, Volotea, and Wizz Air.
About Split Airport
The airport of Split began with its first flight on November 25, 1966, with Split flight departures after World War II. It is an airport that in 2019 broke its record by hosting 3,301,930 users with at least 30,000 airline movements. The public air base offers many domestic SPU airport departures, but its strong point is with international destinations.
In Croatia, the airport is in the second position of the most used by citizens and tourists. You can take Split airport departures to Frankfurt, Athens, and London from the international airport without problems.
Location for SPU departures
Split airport is located in Split, which would be the second-largest region that makes up Croatia. From the east coast to the airport you will have to travel about 12 miles, near cities like Trogir and Kastela.
Transportation at Split Airport
For you to start your journey from the international airport you will have to take some means of transport:
- Split departures by bus: You can wait for the public transport service on route 2 or 37 to go to Split or the train station. The bus line passes through the terminal every 30 minutes.
- SPU airport departures by train: You can go to Split railway station to go to the city center in less than 20 minutes.
- The airport enables a tourist bus route that can take you to the city of Split or nearby areas.
Split Airport terminal
The split airport has a single building to process Split flight departures that would correspond to its terminal with several public services. In the terminal, you can find ten gates and an area for charter flights throughout Europe. The airport check-in hall to start the Split airport departures is huge, with several open offices, baggage carousels, and customs.
Jet2.com, Easyjet, Condon, and Euro wing operate within the airport, offering up to 20 direct destinations. You can also take seasonal flights to visit other areas of Europe.