Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport
Address: Bao’an District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China
Airport code: SZX
Phone: +86 755 2345 6789
Architect: Massimiliano Fuksas
ICAO airport code: ZGSZ
Alias: Shenzhen Huangtian Airport
SZX Departures today
Get To Know Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport departures in China
Shenzhen Bao’an Airport is also known as Shenzhen Airport. It is the main air terminal in the province and is located on the shore of the Pearl River in Bao’an District in the People’s Republic of China.
Top routes from SZX
- SHA – Shanghai
- HGH – Hangzhou
- PEK – Beijing
- CTU – Chengdu
- CKG – Chongpinq
- NKG – Nanjing
- PKX – Beijing
- CGO – Zhengzhou
- XIY – Xi’an
- PVG – Shanghai
There are dozens of other domestic routes you could fly with Shenzhen Airlines, Hainan Airlines, China Southern Airlines, and Air China. There are also many international routes on the program, but in many cases these are cargo flights. If you are looking for international passenger flights, in many cases you will have to travel via Shanghai or Beijing. One of the few direct international routes are to:
- ICN Seoul Incheon Int’l
- NRT Tokyo Narita
- TPE Taiwan Taoyuan
Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport was opened in 1991 for the first Shenzhen Airport departures. It is located 32 km (20 miles) northwest of the city center. In 2018, this airport handled about 49,348,950 passengers but there have been a drop of Shenzhen departures in 2020. Terminal 3 was created by Massimiliano Fuksas, it evokes the shape of a stingray, a fish that breathes and changes its shape until it becomes a bird in order to celebrate the fantasy and emotion of Shenzhen flight departures.
It is one of the three air terminals serving southern China besides Baiyun International Airport and Hong Kong International Airport.
Ground transport Shenzhen Bao’an Airport
- SZX airport departures by train: Line 11 has a direct connection with the terminal’s ground transportation center.
- Shenzhen Bao’an departures by bus: Passengers have several bus options that will take them to and from Shenzhen Bao’an Airport to the city.
- Before Bao’an flight departures you get a cab to be on time: You can take a taxi and get to the city center of Shenzhen, this is the most comfortable way to travel and you will reach the city in 30 minutes, depending on the traffic.
- Shenzhen Bao’an airport departures by Subway: Transfer to the city by metro is also available. There is a transit service connecting Line 1 of the Shenzhen Metro. There is also the M416 nonstop service that operates between Horrui station and the new terminal.
- SZX departures by renting a car: You can rent a car to move freely around various locations. You need a Chinese driver’s license to be able to rent and drive in the People’s Republic of China. If you don’t have a license, your car rental options are vast and you can surely figure it out.
Shenzhen Bao’an Airport has 3 terminals for Shenzhen Airport departures. Terminal A (domestic flights), Terminal B (financial flights) and Terminal D (interregional and international flights).
The structure of Terminal 3 has a tunnel approximately 1.5 km long and features an image of an organically shaped sculpture. The cladding is made of glass and metal panels in the shape of grooves of different sizes to process all the Shenzhen departures.
These terminals offer services that include: restaurants, shops, prayer rooms, VIP lounges, banks, ATMs and currency exchange.