Kunming Changshui International Airport
Address: China, Yunnan, Kunming, Guandu District, 长 水 村
IATA code: KMG
Elevation: 2,103 m
Phone: +86 871 96566
ICAO airport code: ZPPP
Alias: Kunming Airport
KMG Departures today
Find out Kunming Changshui International Airport departures
Kunming Changshui International Airport is the main air terminal operating in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China. It is an airport that provides its services for domestic flights and international Kunming departures to the most important cities in Asia.
Most busy flight routes
- Guangzhou Baiyun
- Shenzhen Bao’an
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan
- Shanghai Pudong
- Zhengzhou Xinzheng
- Beijing Daxing
- Chongqing Jiangbei
- Wuhan Tianhe
- Chengdu Shuangliu
Airlines to choose from:
- China Eastern Airlines
- Air China
- China Southern Airlines
- Kunming Airlines
- Lucky Air
- Sichuan Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
There are international airlines and destinations pre-pandemic but most flight routes have been temporarily canceled. Perhaps the routes will return soon. Some of these are:
- Kuala Lumpur–International
- Phnom Penh
- Chiang Mai
Kunming Changshui International Airport is located 24.5 km (15.2 miles) northeast of the city center at about 2,100 meters above sea level. This air terminal was opened in June 2012 for Kunming flight departures, replacing the old Kunming Wujiaba International Airport, which was torn down.
It is among the 50 busiest airports globally due to its passenger traffic. In 2019 alone, it handled about 48,075,978 passengers. The KMG airport departures dropped a lot in 2020 and 2021 because of Cvid-19. The main terminal was created and designed by the architectural firm SOM and the engineering firm Arup.
Kunming Changshui Airport ground transportation
- Kunming Changshui airport departures by bus: Shuttle buses frequently run to the central areas from Kunming Changshui International Airport. Additionally, there is a public bus that connects this air terminal with the East bus station.
- Kunming Changshui departures by underground subway: Subway line 6 covers the route between Kunming Changshui International Airport and the city center.
- Changshui flight departures by cab: You can take a taxi to the city center from the airport, and the trip should take around 40 minutes, it will also depend on the destination and traffic.
- Kunming Airport departures by renting a car: You can rent a car at Kunming Changshui Airport and get around freely. It is essential to have a driving license that the People’s Republic of China issues. You can rent the car with a driver.
Terminal at Kunming Airport
Kunming Changshui International Airport has a single passenger terminal for KMG departures of 548,300 square meters (5,902,000 square feet). It is considered the second-largest terminal building in all of China and is the main gateway to the country’s southwest.
It handles domestic Kunming departures in China and international flights to the most important Asian cities. The terminal has three underground levels and three above-ground levels. Terminal 2 is scheduled to be completed soon to also process Kunming flight departures.
Among the services they offer include luggage carts, ATMs, changing rooms, drinking water, currency exchange, children’s area, duty-free shops, restaurants, rest areas, medical clinic, information desk, and more.