PEK Arrivals today
Beijing Capital Airport
155 Dongsi Xi Dajie, Beijing 100621,
REPUBLIC OF CHINA
Tel: +86 (0) 10 64563220
IATA code: PEK
ICAO code: ZBAA
Get To Know Beijing Capital International Airport arrivals
If you plan to travel to Beijing, you can do so from the second largest airport in China. Its facilities are equipped to accommodate the large volume of passengers who transit daily. It currently houses the largest number of national and international Beijing arrivals promoted by prestigious airlines.
The airport first opened its doors on March 21, 1958 for the first Beijing Capital arrivals. It was the first airport in the People’s Republic of China and has since been one of the busiest in the world. One of its greatest attractions is its modern design with cutting-edge technological advances and facilities similar to the Eiffel tower.
This area base was expanded to transfer PEK airport arrivals for tourists and athletes from the Olympics held in the capital. This fact positioned it as the third airport with the highest traffic and availability of flights worldwide. The most important records are the increase in passenger traffic in 2018. The Beijing flight arrivals decreased a bit in 2019 and a lot more in 2020.
Location for Beijing Capital Airport arrivals
Beijing Capital Airport is located 18 miles (30km) from the center of the capital.. It functions as a connecting bridge for the Chaoyang District and the borders of the Shunyi Suburban District.
The best way to get to or from the airport is to take one of the following means of ground transportation:
- There are Beijing PEK arrivals by subway every 10 minutes (during the day). To get to and from the airport, you can take the train service operated by the Beijing subway system. Line 1 runs from the third terminal to the second and then returns to the city with its respective stops in Sanyuanqiao and Dongzhimen.
- Bus: The airport can offer you a free shuttle bus service at any of the terminals after you come out of the Beijing arrivals hall. From other routes, they accept exclusively paper tickets that you can get in each terminal. It has 18 bus lines to and from the city’s outskirts with destinations such as Xidan and the Beijing train station.
- Drive by car when you have Beijing Capital arrivals: The airport has access to four toll roads to travel to get from northwest Beijing to the airport. The other roads create the connecting bridge to the airport from the nearby roads.
It is a 45-minute taxi ride without crowds. Unfortunately, this is seldom so public transport is definitely worth it.
The facilities have three runways for PEK airport arrivals with asphalt surfaces that are differentiated by the following characteristics:
- Runway 18L / 36R – measures: 3,800 meters and 12,468 feet high.
- Runway 18R / 36L- measures 3,200 meters and 10,499 feet high.
- Runway 01/19- measures: 4,551 meters and 14,930 feet high.
Beijing Capital International Airport has multiple terminals for all flights. The domestic Beijing flight arrivals can arrive at all three terminals. The international Beijing Capital Airport arrivals are at terminals 2 and 3.
This air base has three large terminals that were expanded in 2008 to increase their capacity according to the passenger traffic planned for the Olympics. In this year, the first terminal was closed from May to September of the same year. From the date it operates, the Beijing airport arrivals and departure of all national destinations.
Each of the terminals is characterized by being equipped with baggage counters and check-in lockers. They can avoid congestion in immigration rooms or other processing areas.
The second terminal was used to replace T1, while the last one was under renovation with no PEK arrivals. It can house twenty aircraft on the docks responsible for connecting the building with the terminal. In this area, you can find the Beijing arrivals of international flights belonging to three of the HNA Group and Hong Kong Macao and even Taiwan.
The third terminal is called global cuisine due to its wide variety of services and strategically located shops. In this area, you can find an average of 72 food services where fast food fairs stand out. You can also find several options for Chinese or Western food according to your tastes.
Yet there are still many domestic Beijing Capital arrivals that are operated by the airlines Air China, China Eastern Airlines, Dalian Airlines, Donghai Airlines, Grand China Air, Hainan Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Shangdong Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines and more some small companies. China Air has most PEK airport arrivals at the airport followed by Hainan.
Within the facilities, you will be able to contact a wide repertoire of recognized airlines such as:
• Air China
• China Postal Airlines
• Air Algérie
• FedEx Express
• Air Koryo
• Korean Air
• Asiana airlines
• Tibet Airlines
• All Nippon Airways
• All Nippon Airways
• China Eastern Airlines
This airbase has the largest number of national and international Beijing flight arrivals where you can find destinations such as:
- Baotou, Aksu, Beihai, Bayannur, Changsha, Changchun, Chaoyang, Changzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Chifeng, Dandong, Dalian, Datong, Daqing, Dazhou, Fuyuan, Fuyang, Fuzhou, and more.
- Istanbul, Caracas, Brazil, Panama City, Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, Berlin, Munich, Copenhagen, Brussels, Barcelona El Prat, Minsk, Budapest, Rome, Prague, Moscow, Taiwan, Ho Chi Minh City, Karachi, Macao and more.
There are many European airlines that have a route to Beijing. Busy routes are operated by Lufthansa to Frankfurt, KLM to Amsterdam, Air France to Paris, British Airways to London. There are also many routes to the US and Canada. Air Canada offer Beijing Capital Airport arrivals from Toronto and Vancouver while United Airlines flies to Chicago, Newark New York, San Francisco and Washington-Dulles.
Beijing Airport is one of the largest and busiest airports in the world. In 2019, 100 million people used it. That was 594329 Beijing Airport arrivals spread over 3 runways. Due to the corona virus, this has decreased significantly in 2020.