Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport
6301 Silver Dart Drive Mississauga, Ontario L5P 1B2, Canada
Telephone: +1 (0) 416 776 3000
Fax: +1 (0) 416 776 7593
IATA airport code: YYZ
ICAO airport code: CYYZ
YYZ Departures today
Discover Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport departures
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is located west of the city of Toronto. It is the busiest airport in Canada, close to Niagara Falls and the big city of Toronto. Toronto Pearson is the city’s main airport, which is also home to Billy Bishop Toronto City. The airport is the busiest in the country with 50 million passengers a year. It owes its name to a former prime minister and the city itself of course. It is located 14 miles west of downtown Toronto and adjacent to Brampton and Missisauga. There are four airlines that together offer the most flights. These are Air Canda, Sunwing, Air Transat, and WestJet. They use 3 passenger terminals and even 5 runways.
The first Toronto departures took place in 1938. At that time it was still called Malton Airport. During WW2, it was put into service by the Royal Canadian Air Force. After that, commercial flights returned and demand grew rapidly. New and improved runways and terminals were added.
Ground transportation YYZ Airport
It is just half an hour by car, taxi or public transport to the center.
There are many parking spaces just in front of Terminals 1 and 2 with a total of 13,500. There are also opportunities to travel public transport. If you choose to travel by train you can travel to the center of the city in 25 minutes for 12 dollars. There are departures from the airport to Weston and Bloor Station. Departure is at terminal 1. If you arrive from terminal 3 you can use the free Terminal Link train to terminal 1.
- Use Public transit buses if you want to travel to downtown or other areas in Toronto. Mainly GO Transit offers many departures from Terminal 1. There are also other bus companies such as TTC, Brampton and Miway. There are also airlines for destinations further away. Then you can use Airways Transit, Niagara Airbus, Ontario Coachway, and Airlink.
- The most popular option is to use Taxis and limos. These are available at both terminal 1 and 3 just in front of the terminal. If you want to travel a little cheaper, you can use Ride Shares. Order a Lyft Lux or Uber Black that have been given space to park at Door A (T1 and T3).
Toronto Pearson airport terminals
There are two large terminals for Toronto Pearson departures with a free connection if you want to go to the other terminal quickly and easily by a Terminal Link train.
- Terminal 1: to start your trip you have to check in. These counters are on floor 3. Then you go through security and head to the Pearson flight departures gates on floor 2. There are 58 gates for boarding with some available for the Airbus A380. It is the largest terminal in the country with nearly 4 million sq ft. The airlines Air Canada and Star Alliance members will offer flights at this terminal.
- Terminal 3: both check-in and Toronto airport departures area are on floor 2. It covers an area of approximately 2 million sq ft. Many flights at this terminal will start with the airlines WestJet and the airline organizations Oneworld and SkyTeam. One exception is Emirates which is situated in Terminal 1.
- Infield Concourse: This is a terminal building on the other side of one of the runways. This is a relatively new terminal with Sunwing Airlines offering the most flights. This terminal is also regularly used for movies.
Toronto departures go from one of five runways that are between 9,000 and 11,200 feet in length.
Every year there are many flight movements that have to transport the millions of passengers. There are around 455 thousand Toronto Pearson departures yearly. Most of the 50.5 million passengers will be transported by the carrier Air Canada. The airlines Air Transit, Sunwing and WestJet are also frequently visited airlines who offer many Toronto Pearson airport departures.
Many flights are domestic or to the U.S.. Europe is also an important market for Toronto. Flights to the U.S. will be often with the carriers American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines to have departures at Toronto Pearson Airport.
Toronto Airport flight routes
There are often Toronto flight departures to domestic cities like
- Calgary Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Halifax Stanfield Airport
- Montréal–Trudeau Airport
- Ottawa International Airport (Macdonald–Cartier)
- Winnipeg International Airport (James Armstrong Richardson)
However, there are also many flights to Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America and of course the US. Busy routes include