Address: 1000 Airport Parkway Private, Ottawa, ON K1V 9B4, Canada
Phone: +1 613-248-2125
Operator: Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport Authority
IATA airport code: YOW
ICAO airport code: CYOW
YOW Arrivals today
Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier airport international arrivals
Ottawa Intl Airport is a type of public airport and it’s owned via Canada Transport. It is worldwide known for its serenity and beauty and needless to mention, this airport gives a calm and comfortable travel Ottawa arrivals. In addition, this Ottawa Airport honors features of the area through the displays of art pieces via commissioned Canadian artists.
Ottawa Intl Airport is situated in the southern end of a city about 7 miles south of central Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It is an airport that holds the 6th position via airline passengers traffic in the list of busiest airports of the country and 5th busiest in terms of aircraft movements. Macdonald–Cartier airport arrivals keep increasing the last couple decades. This airport is the hub of the airline Air Canada.
Most busy routes
- YYZ – Toronto Pearson International
- YTZ – Toronto City Billy Bishop
- YUL – Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau
- YHZ – Halifax Stanfield International
Some other important domestic destinations: Vancouver, Hamilton, Calgary, Fredericton, Moncton, Iqaluit. Some of the international destinations will continue after the pandemic or are seasonal. Some of these are the following:
- Chicago O’Hare
- Washington Dulles
- Montego Bay
- Punta Cana
- Puerto Vallarta
The Shuttle service of Ottawa is cost-effective and convenient. At this airport one can go on to use the transport options as listed below:
- Bus: Ottawa Transportation services provide frequent bus transportation available after Ottawa airport flight arrivals.
- Taxi: It’s possible to get to a city center, Ottawa, in only 20 min via taxi when you have YOW flight arrivals.
- Car rental: It is a good idea for you to rent a car upon your arrival in Ottawa; find your finest option with their search engine.
Terminals and Runways
This Airport has one passenger terminal for all Ottawa flight arrivals. Ottawa’s state of an art terminal offers over 100+ non-stop Macdonald–Cartier arrivals daily from 40 destinations in the United States, Canada, and England. The seasonal non-stop service and the charter destinations have YOW airport arrivals from Florida, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
The Airport’s Terminal has 3 levels for the Ottawa airport arrivals. Let’s take a look at the facilities distribution:
- Level 1: It’s the YOW arrivals level. One can find here the Police, Baggage Claim space, Canada border service, info counter, and transportation services. Services: Currency exchange, ATM’s, lost & found, nursing room, toilets, chapel, filling station of water bottles, and water fountain.
- Level 2: Entrance to a boarding gate (14 – 28) and the VIP lounges. Services: Drink, shoeshine, food, bookstore, toilets, water bottle fueling station, & adult changing room.
- Level 3: It stands for boarding, with the check-in counters for intl and domestic Ottawa arrivals gates. At the same time, there’s also a different area for the United States Custom clearance with numerous services: Observation area & Food court, among others.
Airlines, routes, and destinations from Ottawa intl. Airport
The airport does not serve just North American flights, but it even has flights to Caribbean, United States, & Europe making its reach wider. It also serves as the gateway for Macdonald–Cartier airport arrivals from the east Arctic via Iqaluit.
A few of its airlines with Ottawa airport flight arrivals are as follows:
- Air Canada
- Porter Airlines
- Flair Airlines
Non-stop and combo YOW flight arrivals and plane-freighter for the Cargo purpose include Cargojet Airways, Skylink Aviation, and Canadian North. With these airlines, this Airport turns out to be the Top Dog among all the nearby airports.
Passenger statistics Ottawa Airport
As you have read the progress of this Airport, you would know that it’s just the rise, and that’s what the numbers have to showcase. In the year 2020, Ottawa Airport carried about 1,363,512 passengers, with about a 73.30% change compared to the previous year. This big decrease Ottawa flight arrivals is caused by the corona pandemic.