Halifax Stanfield International Airport
Address: 747 Bell Boulevard Goffs, Nova Scotia
Operator: Halifax International Airport Authority (HIAA)
IATA code: YHZ
ICAO code: CYHZ
Capital of Canada: Ottawa
YHZ Arrivals today
|Schedule Time||Estimated Time||Origin||Airline||Flight||Status|
|06:26 November-28||06:12||Edmonton (YEG)||WestJet||WS392||estimated|
|07:09 November-28||07:07||Calgary (YYC)||WestJet||WS228||estimated|
|08:34 November-28||St. John's (YYT)||scheduled|
|08:46 November-28||St. John's (YYT)||Air Canada Express||AC8117||scheduled|
|08:50 November-28||08:49||Bordeaux (BOD)||estimated|
|09:26 November-28||Goose Bay (YYR)||Air Canada||AC2279||scheduled|
|09:32 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC600||scheduled|
|09:46 November-28||St. John's (YYT)||Air Canada||AC2253||scheduled|
|09:54 November-28||Ottawa (YOW)||scheduled|
|10:00 November-28||Ottawa (YOW)||Air Canada Express||AC8064||scheduled|
|10:29 November-28||()||EJM Europe||scheduled|
|10:31 November-28||Montreal (YUL)||Air Canada Rouge||AC1590||scheduled|
|11:07 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC604||scheduled|
|11:12 November-28||Ottawa (YOW)||Porter||PD2205||scheduled|
|12:12 November-28||Bedford (BED)||Netjets||scheduled|
|13:16 November-28||St. John's (YYT)||Air Canada||AC2255||scheduled|
|13:25 November-28||Montreal (YUL)||Porter||PD2461||scheduled|
|13:30 November-28||Toronto (YTZ)||Porter||PD2283||scheduled|
|14:22 November-28||Ottawa (YOW)||Porter||PD2233||scheduled|
|14:52 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Porter||PD205||scheduled|
|15:02 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Lynx Air||DL4105||scheduled|
|15:36 November-28||Montreal (YUL)||Air Canada Rouge||AC1594||scheduled|
|15:37 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC610||scheduled|
|15:37 November-28||Boston (BOS)||scheduled|
|15:37 November-28||New York (EWR)||scheduled|
|15:47 November-28||Gander (YQX)||Air Canada||AC2271||scheduled|
|15:52 November-28||New York (EWR)||Air Canada Express||AC8658||scheduled|
|15:53 November-28||Boston (BOS)||Air Canada Express||AC8664||scheduled|
|16:00 November-28||Tampa (TPA)||Air Canada Rouge||AC1724||scheduled|
|16:30 November-28||St. John's (YYT)||Porter||PD2262||scheduled|
|17:12 November-28||Calgary (YYC)||WestJet||WS230||scheduled|
|17:49 November-28||Deer Lake (YDF)||Air Canada||AC2283||scheduled|
|17:53 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC612||scheduled|
|18:35 November-28||St. John's (YYT)||Porter||PD2462||scheduled|
|18:47 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Porter||PD207||scheduled|
|19:52 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC614||scheduled|
|20:00 November-28||Toronto (YTZ)||Porter||PD2287||scheduled|
|20:50 November-28||St. John's (YYT)||Air Canada||AC2257||scheduled|
|20:55 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Flair Airlines||F8654||scheduled|
|20:57 November-28||Gander (YQX)||Air Canada||AC2273||scheduled|
|21:01 November-28||Montreal (YUL)||Air Canada Rouge||AC1596||scheduled|
|21:52 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC618||scheduled|
|22:41 November-28||Montreal (YUL)||Porter||PD2329||scheduled|
|23:07 November-28||Toronto (YYZ)||Porter||PD211||scheduled|
|23:36 November-28||Montreal (YUL)||Air Canada Rouge||AC1598||scheduled|
|00:47 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC620||scheduled|
|01:22 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||WestJet (Walt Disney World - Frozen Livery)||WS250||scheduled|
|04:50 November-29||Moncton (YQM)||Cargojet Airways||W8626||scheduled|
|07:09 November-29||Calgary (YYC)||WestJet||WS228||scheduled|
|08:46 November-29||St. John's (YYT)||Air Canada Express||AC8117||scheduled|
|08:59 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||WestJet Cargo||WS9016||canceled|
|09:26 November-29||Goose Bay (YYR)||Air Canada||AC2279||scheduled|
|09:30 November-29||Saint-Pierre (FSP)||Air Saint-Pierre||PJ1121||scheduled|
|09:32 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC600||scheduled|
|09:46 November-29||St. John's (YYT)||Air Canada||AC2253||scheduled|
|10:00 November-29||Ottawa (YOW)||Air Canada Express||AC8064||scheduled|
|10:31 November-29||Montreal (YUL)||Air Canada Rouge||AC1590||scheduled|
|11:03 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||Lynx Air||Y9521||scheduled|
|11:07 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC604||scheduled|
|11:12 November-29||Ottawa (YOW)||Porter||PD2205||scheduled|
|12:02 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC602||scheduled|
|13:16 November-29||St. John's (YYT)||Air Canada||AC2255||scheduled|
|13:25 November-29||Montreal (YUL)||Porter Airlines Canada||PD2461||scheduled|
|13:30 November-29||Toronto (YTZ)||Porter||PD2283||scheduled|
|14:20 November-29||New York (JFK)||Korean Air||KE9252||scheduled|
|14:22 November-29||Ottawa (YOW)||Porter Airlines Canada||PD2233||scheduled|
|14:52 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||Porter Airlines Canada||PD205||scheduled|
|15:27 November-29||Toronto (YYZ)||Air Canada||AC610||scheduled|
|15:35 November-29||Chicago (ORD)||Korean Air||KE288||scheduled|
|15:36 November-29||Montreal (YUL)||Air Canada Rouge||AC1594||scheduled|
|15:47 November-29||Gander (YQX)||Air Canada||AC2271||scheduled|
|15:52 November-29||New York (EWR)||Air Canada Express||AC8658||scheduled|
|15:53 November-29||Boston (BOS)||Air Canada Express||AC8664||scheduled|
|16:30 November-29||St. John's (YYT)||Porter||PD2262||scheduled|
check out Halifax international airport arrivals
Halifax Stanfield Airport is located 18-20 miles north of the capital Halifax in the province of Nova Scotia. It ranks eighth among the busiest airports in Canada. You can have a different adventure after crossing the gates of the international airport and entering the rural area. This airport is very significant for the inhabitants of the Canadian community. Reasons for the many Halifax arrivals include business trips as well as sightseeing: Public Gardens, Central Library, Waterfront Broadwalk, Point Pleasant Park, Harbor Ferry, Fairvier Lawn Cemetery, HMCS Sackville and Alexander Keith’s Brewery.
Flight routes Halifax Airport
Just as it is easy to get to the airport, it will also be easy for you to have Halifax flight arrivals from the following destinations:
- Ottawa YOW
- Toronto Pearson
- St. John’s
- Deel Lake
- Sydney YQY
- Orlando – Florida
- Cancun – Mexico
- Chicago – Illinois
- New York
- Santa Clara
- Punta Cana
- Calgary Airport, among other destinations.
Halifax Stanfield International Airport in the Canadian community is owned by Transport Canada, which also owns EIA. It is a relatively new airport built in the 1950’s, but it was not until 1960 that it was inaugurated for YHZ arrivals. The airport would enter the list of the ten favorites used by Canadian citizens and foreigners who want to know the region.
Since 2003 the airport was christened “Robert Stanfield International Airport” by the former minister of Nova Scotia. You can contact airlines such as Air Canada Express, Skylink Express, or Cougar helicopters in their facilities.
As Nova Scotia’s Canadian community is not that large, the airport is located a few miles from the city center. You can find the airport in Halifax Township in the rural community of Goffs.
Transportation at Halifax Stanfield Airport
Directions to downtown Halifax: Enter NS-102 S from Bell Blvd. Continue to Dartmouth. Continue on Woodland Ave/NS-118. Take Angus L. Macdonald Bridge and Gottingen St to Ta13 Rd in Halifax.
To get to and from the Robert Stanfield airport without problems, you can take different means of transport.
- Metro: you can choose the metro with route 320 to take you to the Dartmouth Bridge terminal that gives access to the suburbs.
- Bus: at the airport there are every 30 minutes numerous Stanfield airport arrivals by bus from the city centre. The cost is 3.5 dollars. There is also an express bus which is a lot more expensive ($ 22 one way) but only runs from May 1 to October 21 in the summer.
- Taxi: traveling by taxi after Halifax airport arrivals is also possible. These are ready outside at the HIAA arrivals level. The costs to the center are around $ 65. However, Uber is also an option if you want to travel cheaper.
- Car rental: you could also rent a car outside the airport or take a taxi that will travel along Highway 102. From the Trans Canada Highway, you can reach Halifax in less than an hour. If you rent a car, you can do so from Alamo, Budget, Hertz, Avis and a few more. They are located on the Lower Level of the terminal. There are various options for short-term and long-term parking.
There are three locations where you can park. Both are relatively close to the terminal. These are Parkade (Hourly and Daily), Exterior Parking Lot and Park’N Fly.
- Park at Parkade Hourly if you want to park for a short time and as close to the terminal as possible to get into the terminal quickly. This is on P1 of the garage. For the signs for this when you drive up. Please note, the vehicle clearance is 86 inches for Parkade, also for Daily Parking. You park for $3 per half hour but after the first hour you go to $4 per hour. This is therefore recommended for a pick up or drop off.
- If you want to park for a day or a few days, we recommend Parkade Daily. There is a daily rate here, unlike Hourly. That is $25 and there is a weekly rate of $125.
- Then you still have Exterior Lot. This is not covered and is located in front of the garage (or behind the garage as seen from the terminal). The same hourly rate applies here, but a different day/week rate. You pay $21 per day and $105 per week. Because this is not covered, there is no maximum vehicle height.
- If you want to park at Park’N Fly you will have to drive to 668 Barnes Drive. This is not directly within walking distance, but a free shuttle service is offered that takes you to the terminal. This is the most budget option for long term parking. Parking fees are $18 daily and $90 weekly.
Halifax Stanfield Airport Terminal
There is 1 terminal with 3 floors. As mentioned before, the car rental companies are at the lower level but also the access to the car parks. One floor up on Level 1 is the Halifax Stanfield arrivals, divided into domestic and international. The check-in counters for domestic and international flights (non-US) are also on this floor. On Level 2 are the check-in counters for US departures and access to the gates for boarding.
Halifax Stanfield Terminal Map
There are also various dining and shopping services. For a drink or something to eat in a restaurant such as Firkin & Flyer, La Cocina Mexicana or Tim Hortons. Some spots are only available before or after security. This also applies to the shopping options. For security you can go to Clearwater Seafood, Hudson or Little Blue House. After security there are more options including Halifax Market, Hudson, The Loop Duty Free etc.
There are two runways but mainly one is used for the larger planes for all Stanfield arrivals. The other is used for smaller aircraft to regional destinations. Over the last two decades, the airport with passengers has been growing slowly. Of course there will be a big decrease in 2020 and this will largely continue in 2021 due to the corona outbreak. In 2019 there were 84,045 Halifax flight arrivals to transport a total of 4,188,443 passengers. In 2020 that was only 995,426 passengers. A decrease of more than 75 percent. Hopefully the Halifax Stanfield airport arrivals will increase again soon.
- It has 32 gates in total where the boarding and entrance gates to the airport are divided for Halifax airport arrivals
- Inside the terminal, you will have an open area corresponding to a private square; you have many commercial premises around it.
- The check-in hall is very large and is located southwest of the airport.
Halifax Stanfield Airport has been divided into two runways since its opening for Halifax arrivals:
- Runway 23/05 is over 10,500 feet long.
- Runway 14/32 is over 7,700 feet long.
It is an airport that covers more than 960 hectares, so it has plans to expand its runways in the future.
Airlines available at Halifax airport
You can find several commercial airlines while you visit the airport for Halifax airport flight arrivals, such as:
- Air Canada
- PAL Airlines
- United Express
- Air Saint-Pierre
- Air Transat
- Porter Airlines
- Flair Airlines
- American Eagle
The airport also has cargo services with Halifax Stanfield arrivals for you to request from almost any country with these companies:
- Air Canada Cargo, FedEx Feeder, Cal Cargo Airlines, FedEx Express, Sky lease cargo, Cargojet, Korean air cargo, Icelandair, etc.
On the other hand, you can also take Charter flights on distinguished airlines such as:
- Cougar Helicopters
- Sable Aviation
- Provincial Airlines
- Maritime Air Charter
Just in front of the terminal is the popular Alt Hotel Halifax Airport. This 3-star hotel is the most common option to spend the night. Many passengers use this after a late arrival or if they have an early flight again. You could also book this hotel if you just want a few hours of rest and perhaps want to take a nap. The hotel gets good reviews online, both on Google and Booking.com, Expedia.com, and Hotels.com.
Other options close to the airport include Quality Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Holiday Inn Express & Suites, an IHG Hotel. Those hotels offer a hotel shuttle service.