Edmonton International Airport
Address: 1000 Airport Rd NW, Nisku, AB T9E 0V3, Canada
Tel: +1 780-890-8900
IATA airport Code: YEG
ICAO airport code: CYEG
YEG Arrivals today
Discover Edmonton international airport arrivals
It is time for you to learn about Edmonton International Airport, which is located in the province of Alberta, Canada. According to its opening date, it is an airport that has been operating for more than half a century for Edmonton flight arrivals. The airport has beautiful facilities, variety of commercial and international YEG airport arrivals.
Edmonton International Airport has been a departure point for many citizens of the Alberta region of Canada. This airport is recognized by its acronym EIA. It was opened in 1960 for its first Edmonton international arrivals and is currently under the authority of Transport Canada. The airport stands out for offering direct flights throughout almost the entire Canadian region, although it is also famous for its Edmonton arrivals from the United States.
Each year, the airport serves more than 8 thousand people, including Canadian citizens and foreigners, knocking on its doors. EIA offers many flights to Central America, Europe, United States, and Mexico specifically.
You can take a look at the airlines that stay inside the airport and prioritize it on your next trip. The airport is currently in operation for you to take and travel to the United States or within Canada.
Most popular domestic routes
There are many other destinations in Canada that you can fly to. Because Canada is an immense country, many people travel by plane. See other domestic direct flights:
- East Canada: Halifax Stanfield, Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier, Waterloo, Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker, and Hamilton.
- Center Canada: Winnipeg and Regina.
- West Canada: Kelowna, Victoria, Abbotsford, Montreal, Yellowknife, Comox Valley, Prince George, Grande Prairie, Fort St. John, Fort McMurray, Fort Chipewyan, High Level, Fort Smith, and Whitehorse.
Location for EIA arrivals
The location of the airport is 17 miles from downtown Edmonton, specifically to the southwest in Leduc County, which is in the Canadian province of Alberta.
Edmonton Airport Transportation
If you want to leave the airport after YEG flight arrivals to Leduc or vice versa, you have to adapt to the following means of transport:
- By bus:
- You can take the ETS bus (Edmonton Transit System) on route 747 to take you in less than 30 minutes to the airport or the city center. This bus line works from 4 pm until midnight. They depart every 30-60 minutes.
- In the past there was a Skyshuttle service. This bus service ran to various regions in and around downtown Edmonton. However, it has been canceled due to Covid-19. It may be restarted in the future.
- There are also coaches available. The Ebus coach runs mainly south to the cities of Calgary and Red Deer. They also drive to Fort McMurrey. In the bus there is free Wi-Fi and usually power outlets. The Ebus pick-up and drop-off is on the arrivals level at door 10.
- If you want to travel to Leduc by bus, you can use the Leduc transit. This is Bus #10 and goes to the center of the city.
- With the organization SunDog Tours jetmet luxury transport buses can travel to and from Jasper National Park. It will start in Downtown Edmonton and the West Edmonton Mall. Via the EIA airport, stops will be made at Edson, Hinton and Jasper. From Edmonton Airport YEG they will depart around 3pm (3pm) at by 10am on the arrivals level.
- If you want to travel further by limo or taxi, you will have to walk from arrivals level to door 9. There are several providers but there is a flat rate to downtown Edmonton. This is $62 by taxi. If you want to travel with a rideshare, you can do so with Uber. Use the Uber app for a pickup. You can meet outside at door 10. There is a rideshare banner.
- The rental car service is available outside the airport after you have Edmonton airport flight arrivals so that you can take the vehicle that suits you best. Go through exit door 8 of ground level. This car rental is affordable and offers different guarantees. With your rental car, you can take Alberta Highway 2 and head north to the center of Edmonton or south to arrive in the town of Leduc. If you drive further south you end up in Calgary via Red Deer. Drive west/southwest to head to the national park Banff and Jasper National Park of Canada.
- Easy Parkade: this is the most used parking garage. There are various features here such as covered walkways to the termianl, security patrolled, park assist and plug ins. The height restriction for this garage is 2.25 meters. You can park for just a few hours or for a whole week. You pay $4.50 for the first half hour and then $3.50 after that. There is a maximum rate of $25 per day and $125 per week. Ideal for short term parking. Level 1 is the car rental center. Level 2 is in use for hourly parking and P3 & P4 daily parking.
- Value Park: this is a cheaper alternative to long-term parking, among other things. There are also Electric vehicle charging options here, but less on a first serve basis. It is a lot cheaper to park than Easy Parkade. Pay $2.75 per half hour and $15.25 per day. Parking for a week costs $76.25.
- Premium Curbside Parking: This is it with fast and luxury parking. This is priority valet parking. Leave the car at by 27 on departure level and the pick up will be at arrivals level near by 7. It is only bookable per day which is $45 for each day.
- Cell Phone Lot: This is located at JetSet YEG Parking. Here you can park for free for 45 minutes to wait for a pick-up. You can’t stand still for long at the Cell Phone Passenger Loading Zone in front of the arrivals terminal.
Within the EIA airport, you will have at your disposal two runways for Edmonton airport arrivals that are distinguished by:
- Runway 20/02, which is 10,213 feet long.
- Runway 30/12, which is 9,476 feet long.
Terminals at Edmonton Airport
EIA is divided into two very spacious terminals for YEG arrivals that you can visit before boarding your flight out of the country. The south terminal offers international Edmonton flight arrivals. It is the most recently built and was re-modeled for 2009. The north terminal is the oldest EIA facility and usually offers domestic YEG airport arrivals.
Airport terminal map
For you to travel safely from Alberta in Canada, you will have to take one of the airlines that offers Edmonton arrivals:
- WestJet Encore
- United Airlines
- Northwestern Air
- Air North
- Canadian North
- Flair Airlines
- Central Mountain Air
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- Sunwest Aviation
You can also enjoy Cargo services within the airport with companies that have Edmonton airport flight arrivals such as:
- FedEx Express for shipments from Toronto and Memphis.
- FedEx Feeder for shipments from Winnipeg, Vancouver, among other places.
Edmonton Airport international destinations
You can travel a lot with Edmonton airport arrivals that come from one of these destinations:
- Palm Springs in California
- Amsterdam in the Netherlands
- Puerto Vallarta
- Cancun in Mexico
- Los Angeles in California
- Seattle in Washington
- Las Vegas in Nevada
- Phoenix in Arizona
- San Francisco
- Tucson, etc.
You must book your international YEG flight arrivals days in advance so that you can travel whenever you want. The flights to Mexico and the US are the most sought-after for you to be on the lookout for.
The most popular hotel is Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel. From this residence you can walk straight into the terminal and check in, or after a late arrival, of course, walk straight into the hotel to immediately enjoy a good night’s sleep. It is a 4* hotel with many good reviews.
If you still want to stay somewhere else, you can also choose to stay about 5-10 minutes away where there are still plenty of options. We have selected a few hotels that are nearby and that are also in Leduc or Nisku, but all offer an airport shuttle service:
- Airways Country Inn
- Crystal Star Inn
- Denham Inn & Suites – Best Western
- Executive Royal Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Holiday Inn Express
- Quality Inn & Suites–Airport
- Stars Inn Leduc
- Western Budget Motel #1
- Western Budget Motel #3