Sofia International Airport
1 Christopher Columbus Blvd,
1540 Sofia, Bulgaria
Phone: +359 (0)2 9372211
Fax: +359 (0)2 9372010
Elevation: 531 m
Node for: BH Air, Bulgaria Air, Bulgarian Air Charter, GullivAir, Ryanair, Wizz Air
Owner: Sofia Airport EAD
IATA code: SOF
ICAO Code: LBSF
SOF departures today
Get To Know Sofia International Airport departures
If you want to travel to Bulgaria, you must do it in style and prioritize Sofia airport. This airport is the main port of access to the country in Europe and offers a good number of international Sofia departures. Sofia Airport works with Bulgaria Air, Wizz Air, Ryanair, or BH Air as part of its daily Sofia flight departures.
It is an airport worth visiting because of how modern its terminal is and its functionality. You can find out how big the air terminal is and where it is located exactly in Bulgaria.
Most busy flight routes Sofia Airport
- Frankfurt, Dortmund, and Munich
- Warsaw Chopin
- Birmingham, London Gatwick, Luton, and Stansted
- Milan Bergamo Il Caravaggio, Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino, and Bologna Guglielmo Marconi
- Madrid Barajas and Barcelona El Prat
- Athens Eleftherios Venizelos
- Amsterdam and Eindhoven
Sofia International Airport was opened in 1939 to have its first SOF airport departures with SOF Connect AD as its main operator. It is a public airport that represents the main point of access to Bulgaria and its tourist areas. The airport set a record in 2019 when it served 7,107,096 passengers on commercial Sofia airport departures.
It is a very used airport in southwestern Europe. It works with more than 20 airports and has a good cargo port. In 1990 and 2006 were the most significant reconstructions at the airport where its terminal and airline contracts were expanded to increase the SOF departures.
Location for Sofia departures
The Sofia air facility is located 10 km east of the center of the capital city of Bulgaria. It is an airport widely used by Sofia and nearby villages within a radius of no more than 10 miles.
Sofia airport ground transportation
The ground transportation service that the Sofia International Airport has is admirable because it offers operations with:
- Sofia flight departures by subway: The metro station at the airport where the M4 line passes can take you to Sofia or nearby areas. To get to the metro terminal, you can take a bus from T1 and T2 to the airport.
- SOF airport departures by bus: You can take the bus route E184 or E84 to go to the center of the capital city or the University of Sofia. Route E84 departs from Terminal 2, while Route E184 will be available just outside Terminal 1.
- Sofia airport departures by train: In 2015, a Sofia railway station was inaugurated to take you to the city center in 8 minutes. The station is located 2 miles from the airport.
- SOF departures by car: You can rent a car or take a taxi that will take you down Brussels Boulevard until you reach the city. From the airport to the city you will have to travel about 6 miles which would be about 20 minutes.
The Sofia air facility has a single runway with Sofia flight departures with the following specifications:
- Runway 27-09: It is 11,811 feet long (3,600 meters) and has an asphalt surface.
Terminals of Sofia airport
The airport is divided into three terminals to process SOF airport departures where you will find different airlines that you work with. In Terminal 1, you will have several charter flights for you to travel throughout Europe to mainly the UK, Italy, Turkey, Spain, and Greece.
In terminal 2, you can have low-cost flights with Ryanair and most of the airport services. It is a terminal divided between the commercial area, ticket hall, baggage carousels, and boarding gates with Sofia airport departures.
The VIP terminal connects directly to Terminal 1 and is operated by Wizz Air with SOF departures. In 2030 the third terminal of the airport will be inaugurated in which is expected to expand the number of flights through Europe.
Airlines with Sofia departures
If you want to travel from the airport of Sofia, you must choose to fly with one of the most requested airlines such as:
- British Airways, EasyJet, Bulgaria Air, Ryanair, Wizz Air, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Transavia, Alitalia, Aegean Airlines, EI AI, etc.