Bruxelles-National or Luchthaven Zaventem
Airport Codes: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) refers to the airport code BRU. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) uses EBBR.
Address: Leopoldlaan, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium
Phone: local 0900 700 00 or international +32 2 753 77 53 (€ 0.50/min)
Number of runways: 3
Elevation: 58 m
Runway 07L/25R: 45 × 3638 m
BRU Departures today
Discover Brussels International airport departures
Brussels Airport, located north of Brussels in Zaventem. The airport transports millions of passengers every year. More than 200 companies use the airport resulting in thousands of jobs. Brussels Airlines and TUI Fly Belgium offer most Zaventem departures. The first Zaventem airport departures were during the Second World War when it served as a reserve airport for Steenokkerzeel. Two of the three current runways are from that time. In the years after the war, a new terminal was built and various extensions and improvements were made to the building and the runways. Over the years, the airport grew more and more and the flights increased.
It has currently 3 runways for Brussels departures, of which the longest is 11936 feet (3638 meters) long. Zaventem Airport is 184 feet (56 m) above sea level. National / Zaventem Airport, Brussels, Belgium, is located in the UTC + 1 (DST + 2) time zone.
Passengers statistics Brussels Airport
There was a great rapid growth of passengers from 1990 to 2000. From 8 to almost 22 million passengers per year. The amount of Brussels Zaventem departures dropped quickly after the national airline Sabena went bankrupt. However, since 2002 there has been ups and downs again with a record of more than 26 million passengers in 2019 with 234,000 aircraft operations. Unfortunately, this could not be continued due to the pandemic in 2020 and 2021.
Routes from Brussels Airport
The busiest routes are within Europe. Most Bruxelles airport departures go to Spain (Madrid Airport and Barcelona El Prat Airport) with over a million passengers per year. The following destinations complete the busiest routes:
- Rome Fiumicino
- London Heathrow Airport
- Milan Malpensa and Linate
- Berlin Brandenburg
- Amsterdam Schiphol
Zaventem Airport Airlines
In addition to TUI and Brussels Airlines, you can choose many other airlines to fly to many destinations. For example, choose Brussels flight departures with the carriers:
- Aer Lingus
- Air Arabia
- Air Canada
- Air Europa
- Blue Air
- British Airways
- Corendon Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- El Al
- Etihad Airways
- Royal Air Maroc
- TAP Air Portugal
- Thai Airways
- United Airlines
- Turkish Airline
Ground transportation Brussels Airport
There are several ways to get to or from Brussels Zaventem airport.
We divide the options into four categories:
- By car & parking: Many passengers drive to the airport themselves for various reasons. If you plan to travel yourself, you can easily park your car at one of the available parking garages. They are relatively all close by. There are also external companies that offer parking facilities further from the airport for a cheaper price. If you want to drop someone else off at the airport, you can drive to the Drop-off zone. You can park here for a few minutes. If you want a longer goodbye or a drink in the terminal, you can park your car at one of the parking garages. If you want to pick someone up, you can also do this via the garages. You could possibly go through the drop-off if the passengers are already there ready to leave.
- By public transport: You can depart from the airport by bus or train. You can easily travel by train from Brussels Airport to the city center. There are several Brussels departures per hour. Other cities in Belgium or surrounding countries such as the Netherlands and France can also be reached quickly and easily by train. The train station can be found in the terminal on Level -1. There are also airport shuttles or special travel buses that can also drop or pick you up right in front of the terminal (P15 and P16). Then there are also intercity buses. These are often longer-distance buses for trips to Antwerp, for example. Use the Eurolines or Flixbus for example. At the same location are also the local transport buses that mainly run to Brussels city. Some hotels offer a free shuttle service. However, they are allowed to park directly in front of the terminal. Use this shuttle bus which is located at Level 0 of the terminal.
- Rental car & Shared car: You could also rent a car. There are several car rental companies where this is possible. Brussels airport departures with a rental car is within walking distance of the terminal at the Car Rental Parking. There is a special ‘Car Sharing Zone’ in the section of P1. Shared cars are available there that you can reserve with an app. The Poppy and GreenMobility companies are the two options you have.
- Taxi and Limousine: travel with a little more luxury when you arrive. You can quickly travel to your destination by taxi. They are waiting outside just in front of the terminal when you walk out of the arrivals hall. The price is per time meter and it costs about 45 euros to the center of Brussels. If you want to travel in a limousine, you can contact Direct Way or Modern Car.