Bridgetown Barbados Airport
Address: Seawell, Christ Church, BARBADOS
Phone: +1 246-536-1302
Tel: +1 (0) 246 4284242
IATA code: BGI
ICAO code: TBPB
BGI Arrivals today
BGI Departures today
Discover the Grantley adams international airport (GAIA) arrivals and departures
You may have heard a lot about Barbados, mainly because of its spectacular beaches. You should not be left with the expectation of how beautiful the country of the Lesser Antilles is and visit it as soon as possible with Bridgetown airport arrivals. The only airway available to Barbados is from Grantley Adams airport, so you should know a little about it.
Find out how big the Barbados international airport is and how you can locate it on the island to have Barbados departures. Know which are the means of public transport from the airport so that you can organize yourself and visit it. As a final objective, you can know which are the airlines and destinations available from this airbase with Grantley adams airport departures.
Top routes from BGI
- MIA – Miami, US
- SVD – Kingstown Argyle, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
- LHR – London Heathrow, UK
- POS – Port of Spain Piarco Airport, Trinidad
- BQU – Bequia J.F. Mitchell Airport, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
- UNI – Union Island Airport Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
- JFK – John F. Kennedy, US
- GEO – Georgetown Cheddi Jagan International Airport, Guyana
- SLU – Castries George F. L. Charles Airport Saint Lucia
- MAN – Manchester
The Barbados airport began operations in 1929 with Grantley adams arrivals, and since then, it has not stopped promoting tourism in the country. As it is the only airport in Barbados, this airbase has to do its best to recognize the country. The current owner of airport is the Government of Barbados, and its operator is the company GAIA Inc that are responsible for the Bridgetown airport departures.
There are records that in 1949 the airport built its first terminal, small but with various services that are available when you have BGI flight arrivals. In the next few years, the terminal was expanded as Barbados gained popularity among tourists and the Barbados flight departures increased. The airport can accommodate 3 million people, and in 2019, it had a record with 2,298,491 passengers.
For 2019, the airbase also registered 32,854 air movements between tourists and citizens of the country. This airport will be expanded in the coming years because its passenger rate per year has been increasing and therefor the Barbados arrivals as well.
Location for Barbados airport departures
Grantley Adams International Airport is located in Seawell, which would correspond to the Christ Church parish area. You can go to the airport locating you to the south of the island, less than 30 minutes from the city center.
Transportation at Bridgetown Barbados Airport
If you travel to Barbados, you can leave the international airport and have various transportation services available when having Barbados airport arrivals. You can tour the Caribbean island using:
- GAIA departures by taxi: Taxi can take you to the city center in less than 30 minutes because it will take the regional highway. These services are certified from the airport so that you can take them safely.
- In the aerial installation, you can have the services of renting small cars, a van, or sports cars when you have Bridgetown airport arrivals. These services are excellent if you want to tour the island from the first day you arrive. You can order your vehicle a few days before landing at Grantley Adams Airport.
The airport only has one runway that is 11,000 feet long by 150 feet wide to process all Barbados flight arrivals. This track has the address of 27-09 and is composed of an asphalt surface. In 2019, the runway received more than 32 thousand commercial GAIA flight arrivals from the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Barbados Grantley Adams Airport Terminals
If you are touring the Grantley Adams airport in Barbados, you may be surprised by its terminal which processes many BGI airport departures. This airport has two buildings that are built continuously to look like a terminal. Building 1 corresponds to the old terminal, and building two would be the terminal built more than a decade ago to have Grantley adams departures.
In the new terminal, you can have gates 1 to 10, while in the old terminal, there are 11 to 13 to start the Barbados airport departures. In the facility, 22 boarding gates are at ground level. Among other services that you can find in the air terminal are:
- Duty-free commercial stores
- Main square for the visit
- Check-in hall
- Carousels for luggage
- Car rental station
Airlines with Barbados arrivals
Barbados airport offers the best performance when it comes to available airlines. Within the airport, services are cargo flights by companies such as:
- Vensecar Internacional for GAIA airport departures to Caracas, Venezuela.
- DHL Aviation for destinations such as Port of Spain, Trinidad, and Tobago.
- Caribbean Airlines Cargo with Barbados airport arrivals from Miami and Port of Spain.
- Amerijet International for Granada, Fort de France, Port of Spain, Vieux Fort, St. Maarten, etc.
- Ameriflight with Barbados departures to San Juan and Aguadilla.
You can take Bridgetown airport arrivals by the most prominent airlines that operate in the Caribbean islands, such as:
- Condor, Copa Airlines, Air Canada, Aer Lingus, American Airlines, JetBlue, Lufthansa, WestJet, Virgin Atlantic, TUI Airways, LIAT, KLM, United Airlines, InterCaribbean Airways, British Airways, etc.
Destinations at Barbados Grantley Adams Airport
If you want to travel from Grantley Adams International Airport in Barbados, you can choose one of these destinations with Barbados airport departures:
- Toronto and Montreal in Canada
- Newark, New York JFK, Miami, Charlotte, and Boston in the United States.
- St. John in Antigua and Barbuda
- Roseau in Dominica
- St. George in Granada
- Beef Island in the British Virgin Islands
- Pointe-á-Pitre in Guadeloupe, France
- Kingston in Jamaica
- Fort-de-France in Martinique, France
- Panama City in Panama
- Basseterre in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Hewanorra in Saint Lucia
- Kingstown in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Georgetown and Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago
- Frankfurt in Germany
- Manchester and London in the United Kingdom
Among other key destinations that offer Barbados arrivals that you can take from this airbase by stopover are:
You have to contact the airline to make your reservation and travel Bridgetown airport departures. You must know this airport in depth since it is the only port of entry for the country.
Some more destinations
- V.C. Bird International Airport (Antigua and Barbuda)
- Guarulhos – Governador André Franco Montoro International Airport GRU, Brazil
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport (YYZ, Canada)
- Douglas-Charles Airport (DOM, Dominica)
- Bridgetown airport arrivals from Frankfurt am Main Airport (FRA, Germany)
- Point Salines International Airport (GND, Grenada)
- Barbados airport departures to Eugene F. Correira International Airport (OGL, Guyana)
- Norman Manley International Airport (KIN, Jamaica)
- Barbados arrivals from Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport (FDF, Martinique)
- George F. L. Charles Airport (SLU, Saint Lucia)
- Bridgetown airport departures to Argyle International Airport (SVD, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines)
- Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM, Sint Maarten)
- Piarco International Airport (POS, Trinidad and Tobago)
- London Gatwick Airport (LGW, United Kingdom)
- Barbados departures to Manchester Airport (MAN, United Kingdom)
- John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK, United States)
- Miami International Airport (MIA, United States)==