Flughafen Wien-Schwechat/Vienna International Airport
Flughafen Wien Aktiengesellschaft,
A-1300 Wien Flughafen, Postfach 1, Austria
Tel: +43 (0) 1 70070
Fax: +43 (0) 1 700723805
Owner: Flughafen Wien AG
IATA code: VIE
ICAO code: LOWW
VIE Arrivals today
Check out Vienna International airport arrivals
Vienna is served by the Vienna International Airport, located 11 miles southeast of the city center, next to the city of Schwartz. The airport handled about 31.7 million passengers in 2019 but saw a big decline of Vienna arrivals in 2020. Following lengthy negotiations with the surrounding communities, Vienna International Airport will be expanded to increase its capacity by planning a third runway to increase its Vienna flight arrivals. The airport is undergoing a major expansion, with the new terminal building opening in 2023.
Vienna airport destinations
The airport is the main hub for Austrian Airlines and therefor they have the most Vienna airport arrivals from many different destinations.
- British Airways
- Austrian Airlines and Jet2 are among the airlines that fly from the United Kingdom.
Some of the other flights are:
- Turkish Airlines
- Wizz Air
When seeing intercontinental routes then most Vienna arrivals are from Tel Aviv. Other long-haul flights are to:
- Los Angeles and many more.
Terminals at Vienna airport
The airport has four terminals: Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3 for Vienna flight arrivals. There is also an additional terminal named Terminal 1A, which is opposite Terminal 1. All three main terminals connect to the five concourses. The central VIE flight arrivals hall is in terminal 3.
- Terminal 1 is mainly in use by OneWorld and SkyTeam airlines, and Turkish airlines.
- Terminal 1A is located opposite to terminal 1. Low-cost carriers have Vienna airport arrivals over here and it hosts check-in facilities.
- Terminal 2 is now closed, and it was previously used by international airlines whose check-in facilities moved to terminal 1.
- Terminal 3 is called as Austrian Star Alliance. The Austrian Airlines Group, which includes ANA, Emirates, EI AI, Korean Air, Royal Jordanian, Thai Airways, and Qatar Airways, uses Concourses F and G for VIE arrivals, the airport’s newest facility.
- Concourse B: It is the basement of concourse C, and it attributes gates for the Schengen destinations.
- Concourse C: Concourse C also attributes gates C31-C42, C71-C75 for Schengen destinations.
- Concourse D: This Concourse attributes gates D61-D70, D31-D37 for non-Schengen destinations, and it has passport control at the entrance. The Airbus A380 will land on Concourse D.
- Concourse F: It consists of gates F1-F31 which is attributed for Schengen destinations.
- Concourse G: Featured Gates: G01-G37 and G61-G67 for Schengen destinations.
Ground transportation Vienna airport
When departing from Vienna International Airport, you have the choice of taking a taxi, train, or bus. Hiring a taxi takes only 20 minutes with a cost of 36 Euro. When it comes to traveling by Train, can travel either via city Airport Train or the Public Train, whereas the ticket of the City Airport Train 12 Euro, it takes 16 minutes to get into the center of the city, and the public train cost 3.09 Euro and takes 25 minutes. The most convenient way will be hiring a taxi by booking your taxi priorly,
Current information on operations at Vienna airport
Terminal 3 is în use by all airlines for check-in and baggage reclaim, and all passengers must wear protective masks throughout the terminal. Travelers can take a Covid-19 test right at the airport if they wish. Travelers returning to Austria from high-risk areas are subject to special entry requirements. Several countries have placed severe entry requirements for Austrian passengers, and in some cases, airports have been closed to international flights.
- During our registration hours, come to the registration desk in Office Park 3 to register (Monday to Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.).
- Identification requires a photo ID.
- It is not possible to pre-register by phone or email.
- Depending on the number of patients, there could be a wait.
- If there is a significant rise in demand, the acceptance should be closed sooner rather than later.