Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart
Address: Innsbrucker Bundesstraße 95, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
IATA airport ode: SZG
Elevation: 430 m
Telephone: +43 662 85800
Hub for: Eurowings Europe
ICAO code: LOWS
Alias: Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart
SZG Departures today
Discover Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart airport departures
Salzburg Airport called W. A. Mozart Salzburg Airport is the second largest and most important airport in Austria. It is named after the local composer of the classical period, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. It is an air terminal that opens the doors to ski resorts, including the Ski Amade region with Salzburg airport abflug (departures).
Salzburg Airport has located 4 km (2.0 miles) from the center of Salzburg and 2 km (1.2 miles) from the border between Austria and Germany. It has scheduled Salzburg departures to the most important European cities and low-cost flights and regular charter flights to different places in the Mediterranean in summer.
It is a significant air terminal with Salzburg flight departures for tourism in the region, both in winter and summer. The city of Salzburg jointly owns this airport with 25% and the state of Salzburg with 75%.
Salzburg airport flight routes
Most flights from Salzburg, Austria, depart for Germany and England. You can easily book a flight to the German destinations Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg and Dusseldorf. When you fly to the UK, during the winter there are mainly flights to the capital London. You could fly to Heathrow which is the most popular but also to Luton, Gatwick and Stansted. The Netherlands also has several options. In addition to the usual Schiphol Airport, you could also fly to Rotterdam/The Hague or Eindhoven airport. Other options in or outside Europe are:
Transport at Salzburg Airport
- SZG airport departures by public buses: It has trolleybus lines number 2 and number 10 that operate to the center of the old town of Salzburg and spend between 10 and 15 minutes. The historic city center and the main train station are 15 minutes from the airport by public bus or taxi. These buses also go to Maishofen, Zell am See, St. Martin, Saalfelden, Weißbach and Wals.
- Salzburg airport departures by cab: You can look for a taxi outside the Salzburg airport; the journey will be 15 minutes to the city center.
- SZG departures by rental car: You can choose to rent a car and thus go to the places you want with complete freedom. You can choose from the seven most popular car rental companies: Budget, Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, Megadrive, and Buchbinder.
Salzburg Airport Terminal
Salzburg Airport has only two passenger terminals for Salzburg departures with a compact and clear layout. Terminal 1 is the main airport building, and Terminal 2 is smaller.
- Terminal 1: Terminal 1 is the main building at Salzburg Airport and has 26 check-in counters to process the Salzburg flight departures. It has some shops, several service counters, restaurants, and a terrace for visitors.
- Terminal 2: Terminal 2 is smaller than the main terminal and only has nine check-in counters and four boarding gates to have SZG airport departures. It has a designated area to register all ski equipment.