Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart
Address: Innsbrucker Bundesstrasse 95, A-5020 Salzburg, AUSTRIA
Tel: +43 (0) 662 85800
Fax: +43 (0) 662 8580110
Owner: Salzburger Flughafen GmbH
IATA code: SZG
ICAO code: LOWS
SZG Arrivals today
Get To Know Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart airport arrivals
Salzburg Airport is also known as the Salzburg W. A. Mozart Airport in honor of the Austrian composer of the classical period, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Most Salzburg airport Ankunft (arrivals) are in the winter months and is the second largest airport in Austria.
About Salzburg Airport
Salzburg Airport allows you to reach ski resorts, including the popular Ski Amade region. It is 4 km (2.0 miles) from the center of Salzburg and 2 km (1.2 miles) from the border between Austria and Germany. Salzburg arrivals by plane are an important source for the Austrian economy and tourism industry.
The state of Salzburg jointly owns the air terminal with 75% and the city of Salzburg with 25%. It has scheduled Salzburg flight arrivals from popular cities in Europe, low-cost flights, and regular charter flights to different Mediterranean parts in summer.
Top routes from Salzburg airport
- FRA – Frankfurt
- DUS – Dusseldorf
- HAM – Hamburg
- LHR – London Heathrow
- DXB – Dubai International
- IST – Istanbul
- AMS – Amsterdam
- STN – London Stansted
- BER – Berlin Brandenburg
- BOU – Bourges
Flying these routes will be most likely with one of the following carriers: Ryanair, British Airways, easyJet, Lufthanssa, Austrian, Eurowings, KLM, Turkish Airlines.
Salzburg Airport Transportation
- SZG airport arrivals by bus: Trolleybus lines number 2, and number 10 are available that operate to the center of the old town of Salzburg every 10 to 15 minutes. These buses also go to Zell am See, Maishofen, St. Martin, Saalfelden, Weißbach and Wals.
- Salzburg airport arrivals by cab: You can take a taxi from Salzburg airport to the center of Salzburg; the journey takes about 15 minutes.
- Car rental after your SZG arrivals: For a tour with greater freedom, you can choose to rent a car. At the Salzburg airport, you can choose between the seven most prominent car rental companies: Budget, Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, Megadrive, and Buchbinder.
Terminal at Salzburg Airport
Salzburg Airport has two passenger terminals for Salzburg arrivals with a clear and compact layout. Terminal 1 is the main airport building, and Terminal 2 is a smaller building.
- Terminal 1 is the main building for most Salzburg flight arrivals and has all the amenities a traveler needs. It has 26 check-in counters, shops, restaurants, service counters, ATMs, currency exchange, and a terrace for visitors.
- Terminal 2 is a smaller building and has four boarding gates and nine check-in counters. In this terminal, there is a specially designated area to register all the ski equipment. A pedestrian path connects both terminals if you have SZG airport arrivals at the other terminal.