Perth International Airport
2 George Wiencke Drive
WA 6105 Perth Australia
Telephone: +61 (0) 8 947 88 888
Fax: +61 (0) 8 947 88 889
Email: via contact form
IATA airport code: PER
ICAO airport code: YPPH
PER departures today
Discover Perth International Airport departures
Perth Airport is located in the west of Australia, 6 miles from the city of Perth. Perth is also called the capital of Western Australia. There are Perth departures at four different terminals. Terminal 1 and 2 are close to each other while terminals 3 and 4 are together in 1 building and located a bit further away.
Perth airport terminals
It is therefore useful to find out in advance which terminal you should be at. The international Perth flight departures depart from the largest terminal, terminal 1. There are also some domestic flights from here. If you fly with Virgin Australia, you will depart from terminal 1 or 2. Fortunately, these terminals are close to each other and it will not matter much if you are in the wrong place. Other airlines that have Perth international airport departures from terminal 2. These are the airlines Alliance Airlines, Tigerair and Regional Express Airlines. Interstate and regional flights are offered from terminal 2. Terminals 3 and 4, which are a little further away, are used by Jetstar and Qantas and also for interstate, regional and some international flights.
If you are at the wrong terminal, you can also easily use the Terminal Transfer Bus.
Parking at Perth airport
Green stands for Long-term parking, Orange for Short-term parking, Purple for Premium fast track parking, brown for regional terminals parking. Simply said, the closer to the airport the more expensive. If you are only going to bring family or friends for Perth departures, you can use the Pick up & drop off area in front of the terminal.
Perth airport transportation
- You can rent a car upon arrival. There are car hire counters in the arrival hall of each terminal. You can rent a car at Thrifty, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Enterprise.
- There are taxi departures 24/7. The journey to central Perth is 20 minutes. Depending on the terminal, the price is around 45 AUD. If you travel further to Joondalup, Cockburn or Mandurah, the price rises to 175 AUD.
- A cheaper alternative is to use Ride-shares. Besides Uber, there are also Ola and DiDi to make your trip to or from the airport. There are special ride-share locations outside the terminals.
- There are also many Perth departures by bus. Travel by bus route 380 with only a few stops to the airport (terminal 1 and 2) from the city center of Perth. If you have a departure from Terminal 3 or 4, you will have to take bus route 40. It also stops at Elizabeth Quay bus station.
International flights have virtually disappeared due to the corona pandemic. In 2019 there were still a total of 12.5 million passengers, of which 4.3 million international. In 2020 it will have fallen to 4 million and unfortunately it will remain that way in 2021. At the end of 2020, 98 percent of previously scheduled flights were canceled. It is therefore a lot quieter than normal in terminal 1. 2022 and 2023 international routes:
- Denpasar Airport, Bali, Indonesia
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Christmas Island Airport
- Johannesburg OR Tambo
- Port Louis Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Airport, Mauritius
- London Heathrow Airport
Perth airport flight routes
Many international Perth airport departures are going to Singapore-Changi (Emirates, Qantas, Scoot and Singapore Airlines) and Denpasar / Bali operated by Batik Air, Citilink, Garuda Indonesia, Indonesia AirAsia, Jetstar. There are also many Perth flight departures to Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Doha, Hong Kong, Auckland, Bangkok, and Johannesburg. Many of these airports are also used as hubs to travel to, for example, Europe. There are still PER departures for only a few of these cities during the pandemic.
Fortunately, the numbers of domestic flights will start to increase again in 2021. The busiest routes are to Melbourne and Sydney, with Brisbane and Adelaide at an appropriate distance. Other domestic routes:
- Port Hedland